Monday, April 30, 2012

The Little Engine That Could - Books That Made Me Love Reading

The Little Engine That Could
by Watty Piper

The story of a train filled with toys and gifts for little boys and girls that breaks down before reaching the children. After asking several passing trains for help over the hill, a little blue train agrees to help the stranded toys. Even though she is small, the blue train tries her best to bring the toys to the children on the other side of the hill.

My short but sweet "re-review"
I loved this book when I was little, and I still love this book. This is just a timeless classic. It has the sweetest little train as the main character, and it is such a beautiful story of perseverance and determination. This is an excellent way for children to learn to believe in themselves and to work hard for what they want to accomplish. This book quite possibly contributed to my stubborn steak as a child, but maybe that is a story for another day. 

"I think I can. I think I can." Excellent motto to live by.

*Read for The Books That Made Me Love Reading Challenge*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs