Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Splintered by A.G. Howard

I can't believe that I almost forgot I planned to start participating in Waiting on Wednesday. This will now be a new feature on Krazy Book Lady. (Provided that I can do a better job of remembering.) Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

My very first feature is: (drum roll, please) Splintered by A.G. Howard! Love the cover, love the idea of the book, and love A.G. Howard. I can't wait to get started with the traveling ARC tour that I am hosting! 

Splintered
Expected publication: January 1, 2013
Publisher: Amulet Books 

For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell—the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.

Add on Goodreads. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this book and the cover is just beautiful. Great pick!
    RB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks so much Krazy Book Lady! ;) I don't know how I missed this post, but I'm soooo thrilled and grateful for all you've done to support SPLINTERED, including the upcoming ARC hop. :) Woot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs