Friday, October 21, 2011

30 days and nights of literary abandon with NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo starts in 10 days! Ok, as I am writing this post, it is 10 days, 3 hours and some-odd minutes. (Don't you love that word? Some-odd. Ha! Sorry, but nothing else seemed to fit there.)

I've decided to throw my hat in the ring and participate in NaNoWriMo once again. I seriously think I must have lost my mind, because I have no clue how am I going to have time to take care of my family, work on setting up a new blog, and write a novel in 30 days! However, the whole idea of 30 days and nights of literary abandon calls to me. What can I say?

I participated in NaNoWriMo last year, and I "won." Although, truthfully, what I ended up with at the end of 30 days was nothing that could be considered a novel. I was a little bit of a rebel during last year's NaNoWriMo, and I just wrote whatever I felt like writing, about many different topics. So this year, I am going to try to be strong and follow the rules.

For those who don't know, NaNoWriMo is where you write a 50,000 word novel (about 175 pages) in one month. You don't worry about editing, grammar, and whether or not you are even making any sense. Which is where the literary abandon part comes in. You just write. Preferably every day, because by the end you have to have completed 50,000 words. That is a lot of words when you get behind. NaNoWriMo starts at 12:00:01 on November 1st and ends at 11:59:59 on November 30. I can just imagine NaNoWriMo-ers around the world ready to furiously beginning writing one second after minute.

So, have you ever wanted to write a novel? Or do you need something to fire you up to get into the habit of writing daily (or almost daily)? Find out more about NaNoWriMo.

You can find me here.

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading your "About Me" section. My mom used to get the True Story magazines from time to time and I'd read them, too! I forgot all about them until I read your site.

    I'm contemplating nanowrimo, but I have two under two and going to be starting online university classes back up soon . . . if I play along, it obviously won't be to get to 50,000 words, but just to write. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs