Expected publication date: April 10, 2012
Publisher: Sweetwater Books, an imprint of Cedar Fort
Olivia Tate is a broken shell of a girl haunted by the tragic events that fill her past. She has closed herself off from the world, each day grasping at something—anything—to live for. Convinced there will never be a way out, she seeks solace in the depths of her medicine cabinet. When she wakes up days later in the hospital she is introduced to Jude, the quiet stranger responsible for saving her life. She never could have guessed then that her mysterious rescuer would end up saving her life a second time, while simultaneously turning her world upside down. A modern-day romance with a twist, Emerald City has a little bit of something for everyone!
Fun Facts from Alicia K. Leppert:
I had so much fun creating Olivia and Jude and their world in Seattle. I thought you all might like to know a little more about them, outside of what the book reveals. Here are some fun facts about the two main characters of Emerald City:
- loves Asian food, especially sushi
- likes alt/rock music
- has a passion for movies, especially comedies
- hates green vegetables
- dreams of traveling the world
- had her first kiss outside a 7/11 her sophomore year of high school
- despises algebra
- got sick at the top of the Space Needle on her 4th grade field trip
- fears public speaking, abandonment, and spiders
- wishes she could speak French
- loves American food
- likes classic rock music
- develops an unnatural obsession with vintage tees
- has only ever kissed one person
- doesn't like coconut
- fears falling from great heights
- loves nighttime
- likes independent films
- is overly sensitive of people's pain
- dreams of having a family
Now, 10 Fun Facts About Alicia:
1. I started writing because I loved the idea of having control over how the story played out, and not being at the mercy of another author’s choices.
2. I have two sisters and two brothers and I dream of being like the siblings on Parenthood. (Although I guess I’d be the odd man out.)
3. I started and abandoned at least ten stories before coming up with the idea for Emerald City.
4. I laugh like a big ol’ truck driver. I get lots of stares at funny movies.
5. When people hear I’m from Washington state, they automatically assume lush, green forests. I laugh and tell them I live on the other side, the brown side with all the tumbleweeds.
6. I got engaged to a man I’d never met. He had no idea what I looked like. We had chatted online for one week. Three months later we got married. 11 years later we’re still going strong!
7. I am addicted to gum. It’s in my mouth unless I’m eating or sleeping.
8. I’m also addicted to sleeping. There’s not much I’d rather do than take a nap.
9. I have a beautiful 10 year old daughter, and the cutest little 8 year old boy ever.
10. I’m 32, and I still feel 20.
About the author:
One winner will receive a copy of Emerald City by Alicia K. Leppert. Per Cedar Fort's policy, winner will have the choice between a print or an e-book if in the U.S. and an eBook will be sent if the winner lives outside the U.S.
How to enter:
Just leave your name and email in the form below. For an *extra* entry, please leave a comment.
Giveaway is open internationally. (See details above.) This giveaway will run until midnight EST on April 1. Must be 13 or older to enter. Winner will be chosen using Random.org. Winner will be emailed and this blog post will be updated to include the name of the winner. Winner has 3 days to contact me or a new winner will be selected.
Sorry! This giveaway is now closed.
Winner: Sallie M.
Winner: Sallie M.